East Asian VLBI Network (EAVN)
Notice to EAVN Users
We would like to inform you about the EAVN operation and user support as follows.
- Following email accounts are available for proposal submission, observation, correlation and user support.
※ We strongly recommend to use official email above rather than the personal email for the EAVN
- email@example.com :
proposal submission and informing its result
- firstname.lastname@example.org :
observing schedule submission, observation related requests and questions for the accepted proposal only.
- email@example.com :
correlated data distribution and correlation related requests.
general questions from the users including scheduling, observations, systems, and so on (regardless of the proposal acceptance).
- Schedule Preparation
- You will be notified when your observation is scheduled by the EAVN scheduling officer. Then, your schedule file must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org one week before your observing date.
※ If your schedule submission is delayed, your observation may not be assigned.
- For the EAVN schedule submission, PI should submit both a stand-alone vex file and a SCHED key file. In the vex file, please specify calibration procedures for hot/cold calibration, sky dipping, pointing, etc. Calibration procedures of EAVN can be found here.
- We also request PIs to specify your correlation parameters at the beginning of the vex file (in case of EAVN observation) or in the key file (in case of KVN observation) for proper correlation processing.
※ In particular, PIs who request for sub-array or dual-beam observations for EAVN should provide a frequency matching table for the correct correlation.
- Please include at least two fringe finder scans, each lasting five or more minutes at the first and latter part of observation in order to search the delay and rate offsets for the correlation. We strongly recommend placing those scans at least every two hours.
- Your observations are fully covered by EAVN operation team.
- After the observation, the result will be reported to PI in two weeks by email@example.com
- Target of opportunity (ToO) observations will not be able to be schedule on the desirable date if observations with other network (e.g. KVN+VERA, KVN+EVN etc) has already been scheduled.
- Correlation and Data Validation/Distribution
- Daejeon correlator or DiFX software correlator output is a standard FITS file. The first correlated data inspection is done by DQA (data quality analyzer) and if there is no problem this will be provided to the PIs via FTP including auxiliary files such as ANTAB, Tsys plots etc.
- FTP address for downloading the data will be informed to the PI’s email that you submit the schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After one month (in case of EAVN) and two weeks (in case of KVN) later of a correlated data distribution to PIs, disk modules which contains raw observing data can be recycled without notice. Therefore, PIs should investigate the correlated output carefully and if there is issue to discuss, please email us (email@example.com) about that.
※ In order to request re-correlation or raw data keeping, PI should provide adequate evidence.
EAVN ( East Asia VLBI Network )